[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] It's release time!

David Timothy Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Wed Feb 19 13:28:01 PST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> Now, as far as I can see I didn't break your scalibility changes,
> but I was wondering if you could give this a test run with your huge
> number of units setup?

With 4000 units (2000 sockets and 2000 corresponding services with
CPUShares= enabled), Fedora 20 boots fine on master. Fedora 20's
normal systemd v208 *does not* boot fine with that number of units,
especially with controllers in use.

I'm 99% sure your changes don't introduce any performance regression.
And, based on my reading of the changes, I'm 100% sure that any
regression we might find later would be solvable with a simple,
backportable patch.

In an unrelated note, I'm not sure if we can fix the "Failed to get
D-Bus connection: Failed to connect to socket /run/systemd/private: No
such file or directory" stuff or make it less noisy. IIRC, that goes
away with kdbus, but it will be a while before that's in general use.