[systemd-devel] [RFT] DHCPv4 support in networkd

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 2 07:37:55 PST 2014

Am 02.01.2014 16:29, schrieb Tom Gundersen:> Hei Reindl,

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>>> Yeah, and we should do the same: <http://tools.ietf.org/search/rfc4436>
>>
>> because this explains why i sometimes see firewall logs in
>> the company network where all severs are blocking private
>> ranges as spoofed address i would be thankful not starting
>> the same odd behavior with linux clients
>>
>> this is also really funny if it leads calling your ISP
>> names because it appears that the managed router let public
>> IP's connect to the fileserver in a non-public range until
>> you find out that was the public home IP of a employer
>>
>> please don't do that - thank you!
>
> I'm not sure I fully understand what you are referring to. Did you
> read the RFC? Could you explain a bit more precisely what setups
> causes problems under that RFC?

the problems are that if someone comes back with his Apple notebook
this crap starts to using the old ip-address and triggering all sorts
of alarms, firewall-rules and so on

at least in one case i called our ISP names because i did not imagine
that any operating system may be that stupid to use the public IP
of the users home-internet to re-connect to the fileserver and after
that failed ask our DHCP for a correct IP