[systemd-devel] [RFT] DHCPv4 support in networkd

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 2 07:48:13 PST 2014

Am 02.01.2014 16:41, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> the problems are that if someone comes back with his Apple notebook
>> this crap starts to using the old ip-address and triggering all sorts
>> of alarms, firewall-rules and so on
>
> Hm, sounds odd. This protocol is precisely meant to avoid that sort of
> problem (by detecting whether or not you are connecting to the same
> network). I heard that some old Apple devices used a more naive
> protocol that would indeed just reuse the old IP... When did you last
> experience this? Any clue about what hardware/software version it was
> causing the problem?

2013, OSX 10.6, the first Mac Book Pro generation not supported
by OSX > 10.6 as far as i know, one bought a few months later
would be supported

given that this machines are not that old and expensive they
will exist longer here and there (yes i know about the securtiy
nightmare but in that context OSX should be banned at all)