[systemd-devel] systemd-udevd Oops

Cristian Rodríguez crrodriguez at opensuse.org
Tue Jan 14 06:03:36 PST 2014

El 14/01/14 09:52, Mark Hounschell escribió:

> Well, the systemd/udev README file from 208-15.1:

yeah, one thing is what systemd upstream requires and a completely
different one is what openSUSE can/will support or allow.

It is not just systemd really,  other applications or libraries may
require particular features only found in a kernel of either the same
major version or something close.. let's say.. openSUSE 13.1 has 3.11 ,
some app might require 3.10 or 3.9, things might start to very subtle
fail, particularly if error handling is shaky or we might sneak-in
distribution or OS specific patches that just assume you run the
product's  minimal kernel version "or later".

I cannot give you assurance that the above is not already a de-facto
condition. distributions are currently quite complex and there is enough
low hanging fruit to open a dessert factory.