[systemd-devel] Removed Requires=dbus.socket dependency

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jan 17 06:39:33 PST 2014

'Twas brillig, and Umut Tezduyar Lindskog at 17/01/14 13:12 did gyre and
gimble:
> ca76186598c56 (Jan 7) has removed the ability to stop all dbus
> services at once by executing "systemctl stop dbus.socket". If that
> is intentional I can live with it but then we also need to change the
> man systemd.service and systemd.special as they still mention the
> dependency to dbus.socket.

Perhaps it should be added back in with a conditional on kdbus?

That said, stopping all dbus services like this has to be quite a niche
case and will disappear with kdbus so perhaps maybe just dropping it now
is fine...

Col

--

Colin Guthrie