[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] 7 commits - man/systemd-networkd.service.xml src/libsystemd src/network src/systemd units/systemd-networkd.service.in

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Fri Jan 17 08:51:04 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 05:34:45PM +0100, Kay Sievers wrote:
> Systemd should not create /etc/resolv.conf. The entire concept of
> it is too broken to be supported by systemd.
>
> We should only provide a hidden and private copy in /run, which the
> *admin* can use as long as it's still needed.
Well, I know that /etc/resov.conf is deficient, but we have no replacement
right now, and without a resolv.conf, a network connection is rather useless.
In general various systemd components work "out of the box" where
reasonable. It would be much nicer to be able to do 'rm /etc/resolv.conf &&
systemctl start systemd-networkd' to get a working network.
Even systemd-nspawn does this, I don't see why systemd-networkd shouldn't.

Zbyszek