[systemd-devel] Allow stop jobs to be killed during shutdown

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jan 25 06:09:47 PST 2014

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 24/01/14 17:43 did gyre and gimble:
>> > For me personally, the NFS timeout is a proper pain the backside. A
>> > little more cleverness there would be appreciated. e.g. can we not just
>> > do lazy umounts by default for NFS (or just e.g. a 5s timeout max on the
>> > regular NFS umount)? Perhaps this isn't possible in the umount loop - or
>> > at least not possible cleanly...
> We used to do that in the final umount loop. But that doesn't really
> work, since the loop relies that busy file systems return EBUSY if they
> are busy...
>
> Mounts need proper depdendency so that we cann unmount them. THere's no
> way around that really...

There has to be a way around dealing with the NFS case. It's surely
quite common - certainly it's one I have to deal with a lot.

That said, it's maybe something to solve in the NFS code better, as I
often resume from suspend to a different network and only really notice
my old NFS mounts are still there when I try to use a file->open dialog
which just hangs (as does e.g. "df") if you have such stale mounts and
never seems to recover.

Either way, some better way of handling of this really needs to go in
somewhere in the stack!

Col

--

Colin Guthrie