[systemd-devel] Cannot see the whole picture

Roelof Wobben rwobben at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 26 01:16:45 PST 2014

In some of my earlier mails I have said that I try to port a modular
live slackware based distro (Porteus) to systemd as a personal project.

I think I can do a lot of the booting with a initrd.img containing the core and the kernel
parts.

But then a difficult part comes.
I have to make a service file which copies the unpacked modules to a loop-device in memory.
Does anyone has a example of such file.

Second part I m struggeling with is how I can take care that this is one of the first part of the booting.
And this part must be alone and cannot be in parralel with other parts because they all depend on this step.

Can someone help me to see the whole picture ?

Roelof