[systemd-devel] Cannot see the whole picture

Roelof Wobben rwobben at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 26 02:06:25 PST 2014

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 09:50:16 +0000
From: johannbg at gmail.com
To: systemd-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: Re: [systemd-devel] Cannot see the whole picture

    On 01/26/2014 09:16 AM, Roelof Wobben
      wrote:

      In some of my earlier mails I have said that I try
        to port a modular

        live slackware based distro (Porteus) to systemd as a personal
        project.

    Dropline an Gnome based slackware distribution [1] keeps a page [2]
    with what's needed for systemd integration on top of the traditional
    Slackware system which you should be able to go through to achieve
    just that.

    You can just contact them if that page is not enough since they have
    most likely solved all your problems already.

    JBG

    1..http://www.droplinegnome.org/

    2.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/dropline-gnome/wiki/DroplineGnome3_10_Systemd

I know that project and Dropline is not a distribution but Gnome for Slackware. They used a hybrid system where I want a full systemd system.I use the Arch Linux build script for this. Second They do not use the modular system that Porteus uses.  Roelof