[systemd-devel] Cannot see the whole picture

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sun Jan 26 04:19:41 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Roelof Wobben <rwobben at hotmail.com> wrote:
> In some of my earlier mails I have said that I try to port a modular
> live slackware based distro (Porteus) to systemd as a personal project.
>
> I think I can do a lot of the booting with a initrd.img containing the core
> and the kernel
> parts.
>
> But then a difficult part comes.
> I have to make a service file which copies the unpacked modules to a
> loop-device in memory.

I don't know precisely what your modules contain or what they are used
for, but it may be simplest to just do the unpacking from the initrd
(after the real root has been mounted, but before we switch). Assuming
you use systemd in your initrd, the relevant targets to order your
service before/after can be found in "man 7 bootup".

HTH,

Tom