[systemd-devel] Allow stop jobs to be killed during shutdown

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 00:03:24 PST 2014

2014-01-27 Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek at in.waw.pl>:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 06:16:38PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>

>> Am 25.01.2014 18:09, schrieb Marcos Mello:
>> > Koen Kooi <koen <at> dominion.thruhere.net> writes:
>> > [snip]

>> > 'quiet' in your kernel command line.
>> >
>> > "quiet systemd.show_status=1" shows the gracious Cylon eye
>>
>> so that should be default and extended by a visible counter
>> manually to add boot-params are useless for the normal user
>> the advaned one is not using quiet at all
> I now pushed a change to git to display time since a job was started
> and the job timeout in the ephemeral status. It turns out that in the
> recent rewrite, the timeout logic was borked, so the ephemeral status was
> not displayed properly. It should now be displayed more reliably.

Thanks!

> Still, nothing is displayed with 'quiet'. This is a separate change to
> make I guess.

That would be awesome. I assume this would cover a "stuck" boot as well?

This is often mentioned complaint, see e.g. the recent discussion

https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2014/01/msg00251.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2014/01/msg00253.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2014/01/msg00255.html

universe are pointed away from Earth?