[systemd-devel] Allow stop jobs to be killed during shutdown

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 27 05:45:19 PST 2014

'Twas brillig, and Andrey Borzenkov at 27/01/14 12:25 did gyre and gimble:

>> > could be used to tell the user session to start it's shudown procedure,
>> > but rather than -WINCH as in the httpd case, we'd just send SIGTERM here
>> > instead.
>> >
> Ah, well. So systemd will not allow to say KillMode=none but happily
> accepts dummy signal which does nothing. How consistent :)
>
> This could be considered as workaround for a released distro where
> user at .service does not do anything useful anyway. Right. Thank you for
> an idea!

Done a bit of testing with this hack today.

Doesn't seem to cause any problems, and while I didn't have a reliable
reproducer, I have done lots of reboots on my VM and I'd expect at least
one of them to have stalled by now.

So I might push this one in too.

Col

--