[systemd-devel] reboot splash screen

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 15:11:10 PST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to get systemd to display a splash screen on powerdown.
I've tried using something similar to these recipes:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/plymouth/tree/systemd-units

But, for some reason my service is not being activated (included below):

root at q7imx6:~# more /lib/systemd/system/reboot-splash.service
[Unit]
Description=Test unit
Before=systemd-reboot.service
DefaultDependencies=no

[Service]
Environment=DISPLAY=:0
ExecStart=/usr/bin/lcd-test-qt /usr/share/pixmaps/poweroff-splash.png
KillMode=none
SendSIGKILL=no

[Install]
WantedBy=reboot.target

(I've been testing with reboot command).

Additionally, shutdown seems to be hanging at:
[  OK  ] Reached target Shutdown.

Running systemd v206

Does systemd-reboot.service run at the start of a "reboot"?

Appreciate any ideas on the best way to do this.  The goal is to get
the splash screen to display as quickly as possible after reboot
command is issued.  I may end up patching systemd to simply start the
splash program if I can't figure out how to make it happen in a
service.

Thanks,
Cliff