[systemd-devel] sysusers and login.defs checks

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 23 04:11:37 PDT 2014

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 23/07/14 11:29 did gyre and gimble:
> If there was a /usr/share/factory/etc/login.defs with e.g. 500 boundary
> point, then this file would presumably be copied in by tmpfiles to
> populate /etc/login.defs

Of course one thing that makes this argument slightly invalid is that if
you DO have a /usr/share/factory/etc/login.defs, then this file *should*
be configured with the same boundary as systemd's built in defaults, so
there should be no problem in the context of bootstrapping /etc.

Therefore, if this is the case, then the argument for not reading and
honouring /etc/login.defs if it exists is, IMO, invalid.

Have I won Lennart? Are you now convinced that such a patch would be in
the same category as Zbigniew's sysusers reading /etc/sysusers.d/ patch
that already went in? :p

Col

--

Colin Guthrie