[systemd-devel] systemd-213 fails to compile without kmod, no way to fix it using ./configure options

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Mon Jun 2 15:48:37 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I quickly looked at the patch and it seems ok.
> While glancing over Makefile.am I noticed that e.g. libsystemd_network
> links against $(KMOD_LIBS).
> That looks wrong to me (faulty commit is
> 679be2a74241a70028438217bace423a1a45faa6), only
> libsystemd-networkd-core really requires kmod

Rather than try to sort this all out, I have now removed all the kmod
code from networkd as we anyway do not want this long-term, the
options requiring it are experimental (i.e., not documented) and the
kernel fix making this all redundant is scheduled for the stable
kernels.

Please yell if there are still issues.

Cheers,

Tom