[systemd-devel] mount units and symlinks

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 30 12:49:36 PDT 2014

On Mon, 30.06.14 12:41, Colin Walters (walters at verbum.org) wrote:

> > Why would you create such a symlink? This sounds wrong. /tmp should
> > generally be a tmpfs these days, why would you link that?
>
> I need to support cases where /tmp is not tmpfs (e.g. current Fedora
> cloud images).

This sounds confused. Why would the cloud images not use a tmpfs for
/tmp?

> The rationale is the way OSTree implements atomic upgrades and parallel
> OS installation involves having separate os roots, so by having /tmp ->
> /sysroot/tmp they're shared rather than separate per root.

Not following here. You should really declare that /tmp has to be a
tmpfs.

Anyway, to allow to avoid the discussion I have now added
ConditionPathIsSymbolicLink=!/tmp to tmp.mount. This will skip mounting
of the tmpfs if /tmp is already a symlink. This should fix your issue?