[systemd-devel] mount units and symlinks

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Jun 30 13:27:13 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014, at 12:49 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> This sounds confused. Why would the cloud images not use a tmpfs for
> /tmp?

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/spin-kickstarts.git/tree/fedora-cloud-base.ks#n181

(Though honestly the biggest memory usage improvement at least for the
OSes I work
 on is going to be kdbus if the exit-on-idle logic works)

> Anyway, to allow to avoid the discussion I have now added
> ConditionPathIsSymbolicLink=!/tmp to tmp.mount. This will skip mounting
> of the tmpfs if /tmp is already a symlink. This should fix your issue?

Hmm, that would effectively force tmp to *not* be a tmpfs with the
current tree.

We just pushed a different fix for continuous to just make /tmp a
regular directory, since there I'm comfortable assuming /tmp-on-tmpfs.

This makes physical /tmp be more broken for ostree systems, but maybe I
can just ship some logic to bind mount it to /sysroot/tmp if it's not
already a mount point, or so.  I'll figure something out.