[systemd-devel] Satitic IP in container

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Mar 1 05:53:35 PST 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM, arnaud gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I suggest simply matching on the name
>> instead: "Name=host0".
>
>  I have a problem with this host0. On container, no host0 listed. If I
> remember correcty, I shall start systemd-nspawn with some more options, like
> --network-veth, right ?

No, --network-bridge=br0 means that a pair of veth devices are created
(host0 inside the container and vb-* outside), and the vb-* is added
to your bridge br0. So you should really have host0 in the container
with this option. However, if you don't, which device did this mac
address you used to match on come from?

>> To get some more details, you could try starting networkd manually
>> (inside the container) in debug mode. It should then print whenever a
>> matching .network file is found for a given device:
>>
> hum hum. Maybe the problem comes from this : the host run systemd-git, BUT
> the container systemd 208 !! This could explain my troubles ?

Yeah, this won't work, as networkd will not be in your container, so
it can't set up your ip address...

Cheers,

Tom