[systemd-devel] synchronizing user service

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:58:43 PST 2014

Dear list,

Being a systemd dummie, I have a problem. It's a about running a
service as a user, which needs to synchronize with a systemd service.

Since the service needs to be part of the session, I presume that a
/systemd/user service isn't really the way to go (?): This leaves me
with the problem to start a service e. .g,, using a desktop file in
the autostart dir. The service needs a socket created by a systemd
service.

As of now, I simply poll for the socket creation in a shell script.
It's just that my gut feeling is that this is not  really the way to
do this. Is there a better approach?

"Confused"

--alec