[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] Discoverable Partitions Spec

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Mar 14 07:23:42 PDT 2014

On Fri, 14.03.14 14:49, Koen Kooi (koen.kooi at linaro.org) wrote:

> > It would be good if in the long run OS installers could adopt this and
> > use the right partition type GUIDs automatically, to make this discovery
> > work. For now however, you need to manually change the GPT type GUIDs of
> > your installation if you want to make use of this scheme.
>
> So how do I get UUIDs allocated for 32bit and 64bit ARM?

Do you use GPT on ARM?

I have now added them to the spec and systemd, since people kept asking
all the time...

They are not too useful though for avoiding root= on the kernel cmdline,
since we only look for root disks on the ESP partition, and EFI isn't
that real on ARM...

But it might be useful for "systemd-nspawn -i", and thus I added it
now.

I wonder if I should just add one for each arch we support, to put an
end to the story...