[systemd-devel] cryptsetup vs. swapon/fsck (some kind of race condition)

Andy Kittner andy.kittner at gmail.com
Thu May 15 02:27:21 PDT 2014

On 15/05/14 10:16, Kay Sievers wrote:
> Are you running an initrd without udev, and/or tools that mess around
> with mknod in /dev?

No, the initrd uses udev and is created by copying cryptsetup etc.
including all dependent libraries from the host system.
I recreated it yesterday, so there are the using the exact same
versions.

I also ran the initrd with the debug flag where it puts you in a debug
shell at various points. Right before switching to the new root (
the /dev etc. mounts have been moved to /newroot already at this point)
the only nodes I have in /newroot/dev/mapper are
control
root -> root_sdb5-root
root_sdb5-root -> ../dm-0

Hmm, if I have some time tonight I think I'll try real_init=/bin/bash
and see what happens if I fire up things manually

Regards,
Andy