[systemd-devel] GDM session is not activated

Oleg Samarin osamarin68 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:19:56 PDT 2014

I have two-seat configuration on my PC. The problem is that when I log
in to GDM session on seat0, it rests being not active, and I can not
activate it with 'loginctl activate' command.

[oleg at oleg2 ~]$ loginctl
   SESSION        UID USER             SEAT
        c1         42 gdm              seat0
        c2         42 gdm              seat1
         2       1001 oleg             seat0

3 sessions listed.
[oleg at oleg2 ~]$ loginctl show-session 2
Id=2
Timestamp=Чт 2014-05-22 23:11:42 MSK
TimestampMonotonic=78374663
VTNr=0
Display=:0
Remote=no
Service=gdm-password
Scope=session-2.scope
Leader=3491
Audit=2
Type=x11
Class=user
Active=no
State=online
IdleHint=no
IdleSinceHint=0
IdleSinceHintMonotonic=0
Name=oleg
[oleg at oleg2 ~]$ loginctl activate 2
Failed to issue method call: Operation not supported
[oleg at oleg2 ~]$

Seems the reason of this behavior is VTNr=0, and since
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-September/013261.html logind does not more allow to activate sessions with VTNr=0

What is wrong here? Which module is responsible for setting VTNr?
X-server runs with -vt1 switch:

/usr/bin/Xorg :0 -background none -verbose
-auth /run/gdm/auth-for-gdm-DZPMtr/database -seat seat0 vt1