[systemd-devel] GDM session is not activated

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Fri May 23 07:20:44 PDT 2014

Hi

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Oleg Samarin <osamarin68 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two-seat configuration on my PC. The problem is that when I log
> in to GDM session on seat0, it rests being not active, and I can not
> activate it with 'loginctl activate' command.

gdm is responsible of setting XDG_VTNR before doing the
pam-authentication. Recent gdm version do this, so I guess this is a
bug with your systemd+gdm combination. Can you tell me the systemd and
gdm version you are running? The patch you're referring to has long
been superceded, so it's hard to tell what's going wrong.

Can you also paste your environment? (bash: export)

Thanks
David