[systemd-devel] systemd-machined sigterm, cgroups trimmed

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Wed Nov 5 17:49:29 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 08:38:51AM -0600, Major Hayden wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm currently running systemd 216 on Fedora 21 and I've found an issue where systemd-machined stops running and cgroups are trimmed from the scope of running qemu virtual machines.  The series of events looks like this:
>
>   1) OpenStack nova creates a KVM virtual machine via libvirt
>   2) Libvirt registers the VM with systemd-machined, cgroups appear
>   3) 0-300 seconds pass
>   4) systemd-machined gets a sigterm and stops
I do not see in the trace, I think that systemd-machined stops on it's own after
a period of inactivity.

>   5) cgroups are trimmed for running virtual machines
I don't see this either... (the log is fairly long and hard to read, so maybe I missed it).
I only see systemd-machined exiting. DEFAULT_EXIT_USEC is 30 s, and it exits 37 s
after startup, consistent with that timeout.

Can you post the full cgroup tree before systemd-machined exists and after (systemd-cgls
output)? You might want to disable the watchdog for systemd-machined (by adding
[Service] WatchdogSec=0 to a drop-in file for systemd-machined), and then stop
it with sigstop, and see if your machines still get killed.

Zbyszek