[systemd-devel] user environment variables

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 22:02:53 PST 2014

В Mon, 10 Nov 2014 20:55:12 +0100
arnaud gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> пишет:

> >> As for the variable, two more wishes (not a big deal yet):
> >> - in units, why not add a specifier reflecting $XDG_CONFIG_HOME
> >
> > Hmm, when we start with that, then I figure people want the other XDG
> > dirs as well, soon...
> >
> > Anyway, what's the usecase for this?
>
> Just laziness when writing service files.conf
> Ex: gpg-agent.conf
> [Service]
> Environment=GNUPGHOME=%h/.config/gnupg
>
> I often use the path sequence '%h/.config'.
> So forget about it, laziness is not a valuable reason

I do not think it is laziness. If it was necessary to abstract
%h/.config as separate variable in standard definition, then we should
expect the path may change. In which case it makes a difference whether
we need to change it single place or in every unit.

Some XDG directories did move around in the past.