[systemd-devel] Hackfest at FOSDEM 2015?

Simon Peeters peeters.simon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 09:40:07 PST 2014

> Brussels. I am all for it, but we'd really need somebody to organize
> it, i.e. find a room for us.
>
> Anyone volunteering for this?
If nobody else steps up, I might do it, but I do have a very tight
schedule currently, so I would rather have someone else do it.
If somebody else does this and for some practical reasons a Belgian is
needed (they ask for a Belgian ID, keys have to be picked up in
advance,...) I am willing to help.

> I was wondering if we could try to find a room at the uni instead.
I think this could be possible, but I'm not sure about network
connectivity outside of FOSDEM (the network gets set up on Friday, and
torn down Sunday evening, so we wouldn't be able to rely on that).
Belgian universities (well at least the one in Ghent) tend to be very
careful about that since their provider (belnet) requires that it is
only used for research&education.
I also don't know whether we should do this via the FOSDEM organisers,
or contact ULB[1] directly. (In case of the later, the person doing
this might want to brush up his/her French)

> And when shall we do the hackfest? We could:
>
> a) do it one day before FOSDEM, i.e. Fri 27th Jan 2015
> b) do it one day after FOSDEM, i.e. Mon 2nd Feb 2015
> c) during FOSDEM?

I am in favour of a because I want to attend configmanagementcamp[2] on Monday.
(but b would allow me to volunteer for the set-up on Friday, so both
have advantages)

Greetings/Hilsen/Groeten

Simon

[1] just as a sidenote: there are 2 universities in Brussels: a Dutch
speaking, the VUB (NOT the one where FOSDEM takes place) and a French
speaking, the ULB (the one where FOSDEM takes place). Both mean "Free
University of Brussels", but are completely unrelated.
[2] http://cfgmgmtcamp.eu/ which takes place at my school.