[systemd-devel] newer systemd for rhel7/centos7

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 10:41:31 PST 2014

On 11/20/2014 06:27 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> what you asked don't matter since this is a *developer list* and so no
> place where a RHEL customer with support is expected to jump blindly
> and try unsupported packages

Right which makes this not the place to ask for this either. ( should be
asked in downstream community's surrounding RHEL and it's clones )

>> Red Hat should be supplying it's own QA resources to test it's own and
>> upcoming RHEL product releases instead of be reaching out to the
>> community *to do it for them*  and leach of it + he does not mention, if
>> you intend on testing this on RHEL if it breaks your RHEL support
>> contract or not ( which most likely it does ) hence the question
>
> no idea from where your personal vendetta against Redhat is coming
> (not only in that response, over years, everywhere) but why don't you
> just ignore anything containing the company name?

My personal vendetta against Red Hat spurs from their attitude and
repeated misuse of contributors time in projects like Fedora but that's
irrelevant here.

Encase you somehow missed it, the systemd project has been heavinly
criticized for being a Red Hat only project and it's members heavily
flamed publicly due to that and it makes no wonder if people get that
notion when RHEL employees treat it like internal company project.

JBG