[systemd-devel] plans/roadmap for mdns support in resolved

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Fri Nov 21 02:40:08 PST 2014

> LLMNR/mDNS are really about "zeroconf", i.e. something you don't
> really have to configure to work... Hence each time we add an option
> to configure it we kinda work against the whole concept...

Additional option does not needs to be configure by default. For
example by default
resolved use all interfaces to resolve name via all interfaces based
on per-link addresses.
And publish all addresses from multicast interfaces to hostname.
But if user wants to say - publish address from specific interface,
and listen for multicast on specific interface,
all works like i want =).

> Can't you just add the address to all of your interfaces, and give
> them a low priority there, so that they aren't used as source address
> there?

I don't know about this and i think that its more ugly =(

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru
jabber: vase at selfip.ru