[systemd-devel] networkd: Support setting mtu / mac address by interface name

William Kennington william at wkennington.com
Mon Nov 24 11:46:06 PST 2014

I'd like to be able to set the MAC Address and MTU of interfaces, with just
the interface name alone. The current method for matching links seems to be
heavily tied to udev ATTRs and I understand given the nature of
systemd.link that it might not make sense to Match based on name. However,
I need this functionality to support mapping the current OS defined network
configuration syntax to networkd. Is there any chance this could be
supported in systemd.network instead of systemd.link?

Regards,
William