[systemd-devel] Why working this on reboot but not on start up

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 03:48:00 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> Note that this won't work at all with more recent krb versions as they
> nowadays use the kernel user keyring to store the tickets in...

It will work just fine; the DIR: and FILE: cache types aren't going to
be removed any time soon. (Using KEYRING: as the default location
seems to be Fedora-specific too; I have 1.12.2 on Arch and it still
defaults to FILE:.)

And Günther's service is meant to obtain *host* credentials, where one
of DIR: or FILE: is pretty much a requirement anyway (used by e.g.
mounting NFS/CIFS shares on boot) – unless I missed something,
`rpc.gssd` still only looks for FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_$UID and
DIR:/run/user/$UID/krb5cc...

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>