[systemd-devel] Why working this on reboot but not on start up

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Thu Oct 2 03:53:45 PDT 2014

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2014, 12:38:42 schrieb Lennart Poettering:

> > > This won't work. We nowadays mount /run/user/$UID as a tmpfs at the
> > > time of first login of a user, and unmount it at time of last
> > > logout. Creating a dir in that directory will hence have little effect
> > > during runtime, as it will be overmounted as you log in.
> >
> > Is it possible to test if the file / link exist ("/run/user/0/krb5cc/tkt")
> > with systemd and restart when not.
>
> No, this is not available.
>
> > now I found a way to start kinit on the KVM Clients but not on the Host
> > :(.
>
> Note that this won't work at all with more recent krb versions as they
> nowadays use the kernel user keyring to store the tickets in...
>
> But anyway, I am no kerberos guru, I am not sure I grok what you are
> trying to do.

I like only to do after reboot or start a kinit -k host/...............
with a timer. on  the the KVM-Host the kerberos server is a KVM-client.

I have with sytemctl status kinit a 0/SUCCSESS but no "tkt" file

Thats all :-(.

On a older system I make it with crons extra character "@reboot" but this is
no longer working. I can't say way ?

--