[systemd-devel] [feature request] allow instances in file.preset

Damien Robert damien.olivier.robert+systemd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 07:37:43 PDT 2014

>From Lennart Poettering, Thu 02 Oct 2014 at 16:07:03 (+0200) :
> How precisely would you envision this to work? I mean, so far
> "systemctl preset foo at bar.service" will precisely enable
> "foo at bar.service"

That's exactly what I want; I have not tried systemctl preset
foo at bar.service, but in 'systemctl preset-all' it does not work (it only
enables services that exist, not instanciated service).

> , but you are expecting that "systemctl preset
> foo at .service" would somehow result in enablement of foo at bar.service or
> so? How would we even denote that in the rules files?

No, I just want that
  enable foo at bar.service
in a preset rule works with systemctl preset-all. Maybe I missed something
and it already works?

Thanks,
Damien Robert