[systemd-devel] [feature request] allow instances in file.preset

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Oct 2 07:48:19 PDT 2014

On Thu, 02.10.14 16:36, Damien Robert (damien.olivier.robert at gmail.com) wrote:

> >From Lennart Poettering, Thu 02 Oct 2014 at 16:07:03 (+0200) :
> > How precisely would you envision this to work? I mean, so far
> > "systemctl preset foo at bar.service" will precisely enable
> > "foo at bar.service"
>
> That's exactly what I want; I have not tried systemctl preset
> foo at bar.service, but in 'systemctl preset-all' it does not work (it only
> enables services that exist, not instanciated service).

Well, but from somewhere systemctl preset-all needs to be able to
discover the "bar" string... How is that supposed to work?

preset-all just enumerates all unit files that are installed and
enables/disables them according to the preset file. But this means it
would only find the template, and the instance would have to come from
somewhere else, but where?