[systemd-devel] Why working this on reboot but not on start up

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 08:47:46 PDT 2014

В Thu, 02 Oct 2014 12:53:45 +0200
Günther J. Niederwimmer <gjn at gjn.priv.at> пишет:

> Hello,

> > > Is it possible to test if the file / link exist ("/run/user/0/krb5cc/tkt")
> > > with systemd and restart when not.

Start with redefining kerberos cache to be somewhere else, in a
directory that is known to exist. Like /tmp :)

> > No, this is not available.
> >
> > > now I found a way to start kinit on the KVM Clients but not on the Host
> > > :(.
> >
> > Note that this won't work at all with more recent krb versions as they
> > nowadays use the kernel user keyring to store the tickets in...
> >
> > But anyway, I am no kerberos guru, I am not sure I grok what you are
> > trying to do.
>
> I like only to do after reboot or start a kinit -k host/...............
> with a timer. on  the the KVM-Host the kerberos server is a KVM-client.
>
> I have with sytemctl status kinit a 0/SUCCSESS but no "tkt" file

And couple of posts before you said you had an ERROR ...

How do you check whether tkt file exists? Heck, add ExecStartPost
which does "ls -lr /run/user/0" which at least will prove that this
file existed right after kinit completed. Or not ...