[systemd-devel] [feature request] allow instances in file.preset

Damien Robert damien.olivier.robert at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 10:14:29 PDT 2014

>From Lennart Poettering, Thu 02 Oct 2014 at 17:42:36 (+0200) :
> Hence so far the idea was to look for the presets only in the dirs
> where we look for static data, but not for configuration. We can
> certainly revisit this though.

This makes sense for system services, but for user services it is a bit
strange that a user cannot modify its own preset files.

I'll be happy to provide a patch, but I must test the behavior of systemd
more carefully because user preset files in
       /etc/systemd/user-preset/*.preset
does not seem to work in systemd master [but maybe my testing was too
hasty, I'll keep you updated].

Thanks,
Damien Robert