[systemd-devel] [feature request] allow instances in file.preset

Damien Robert damien.olivier.robert at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 10:49:57 PDT 2014

>From Damien Robert, Fri 03 Oct 2014 at 19:18:31 (+0200) :
> From the preset file? I agree that since the enable/disable directive
> denotes glob, they are not well suited for instances services. Maybe add a
> new directive:
> instanciate foo at bar.service
> uninstanciate foo at bar.service
> (the uninstanciate is because disable does not disable instancied service
> for the same reason enable doe not enable them).

Or activate/desactivate.

But whatever the name, there is going to be some ugly interactions with
enable/disable. (We would want desactivate to match globs too in order to
be able to desactivate older instances, but then how do we check which has
precedence between enable/disable/activate/desactivate).

Maybe it is instead way easier to just directly call systemctl enable.
Still, one feature missing is the ability to desactivate all services files
(systemctl preset-all leaves the instances alone even with a disable *) in
order to go back to a 'pristine' state from which one can call systemctl
preset-all and then enable the instances.

--
Damien Robert