[systemd-devel] systemd-resolved D-Bus API documentation

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Mon Oct 20 14:49:06 PDT 2014

> Also, there's the "systemd-resolve-host" tool which is already pretty
> useful.

That's good enough for now, thanks.  For some reason, Fedora puts it
into /usr/lib/systemd, that's why I didn't spot it.

>> It would extremely helpful if you notice the cache has been poisoned and you
>> want to figure out why.
>
> Well, the dump won't tell you why really. Or what precisely do you
> mean by "figuring out why"?

It's certainly better than nothing.  It's been done for recursive
resolver caches, which are much, much larger.

Note that in this particularly, I'm not concerned about cache poisoning
through spoofing, but due to algorithm bugs.  And for explaining those
bugs, cache dumps help as well.