[systemd-devel] rpcbind static, want enabled

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 21 00:58:43 PDT 2014

Andrei Borzenkov composed on 2014-10-21 11:29 (UTC+0400):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> I have 27 Fedora 21 & 22 installations to real hardware, all originating via
>> HTTP process. Half work as expected. Those that do have NetworkManager not
>> installed, and have

>>         rpcbind.service                         enabled

>> Those that misbehave by having a more than a minute delay on attempt to mount
>> nfs via fstab entries, of which half do and half do not have NetworkManager
>> installed, have

>>         rpcbind.service                         static

> then it is socket activated, you need to enable rpcbind.socket.

But every one of the failing installations already had:

	rpcbind.socket                          enabled

same as the working installations.

>> With chkconfig and sysvinit it was a simple matter to enable rpcbind. With
>> systemd evolved to v216 it seems I should be able to 'systemctl enable
>> rpcbind.service', but that changes nothing on these installations. What's the
>> obstacle here? If the explanation is in man systemctl or man rpcbind, I'm not
>> finding it.

Lots more blame, unit status and logs at:
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/F/NFS/

Also Fedora mailing list thread:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2014-May/121461.html

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/