[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] man/pam_systemd.xml

Alex Gaynor alex.gaynor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 17:26:01 PDT 2014

Lennart Poettering <lennart <at> poettering.net> writes:

> hmm, why "their"? THat's wrong. It's the user's instance, hence must
> be singular. Or is this about his vs. her? If so I find "their" quite
> confusing, and if so, at least "his/her" would be better.

Hi Lennart,

In English it's perfectly valid to use "their" to refer to a singular person of
unknown gender, and I think it would be a very good decision to revert your
revert :-). https://thoughtstreams.io/glyph/they-lives/ has a bit more info on
the history of the linguistic stuff, and why it's important.

Alex