[systemd-devel] Detecting inactive sessions

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Oct 29 07:45:15 PDT 2014

For a very specific definition of inactive.

I'm looking at a way for the iio-sensor-proxy at:
https://github.com/hadess/iio-sensor-proxy
to suspend reading from accelerometers (or maybe to turn them off), when
all the sessions are locked and the screens turned off.

This would usually mean that I would enable reading from the sensor if
one session is "active" and stop reading if none are "active". Is this
correct? Is it up to the session manager (eg. gnome-session) to tell us
whether a session is active or not, or do I have this backwards?

Cheers