[systemd-devel] New systemd bindings for GLib

Tristan Brindle tcbrindle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 18:12:23 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I needed to use systemd for a new project, and I was surprised to find that there was no nice client library available wrapping the D-Bus API in GObjects (or at least, if one exists, Google couldn’t find it). So I wrote one myself.

The code is available at

https://github.com/tcbrindle/systemd-glib

It uses Vala for code generation rather than gdbus-codegen because honestly I just like Vala’s generated C API better, but my original version using gdbus-codegen is available in the gdbus branch of the above repo if people prefer that.

This is all new code and hasn’t been heavily tested, so if there are any bugs please let me know.

Cheers,

Tristan