[systemd-devel] help with systemd socket file for programs in the quagga suite

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Fri Sep 12 10:28:30 PDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 06:15:32PM +0100, lux-integ wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am attempting to learn how to use systemd.  I decided to try synthesising a
> 'socket file'

I'll stop you here. You can't simply "synthesize" a socket unit for any
arbitrary program that uses a socket (regardless of the address family).
Socket units are specific to socket-activated services (which requires
code changes in the daemon itself) and per-connection spawning.

Based on a perusal of the manpage and source, Zebra appears to be
neither of these. So, you shouldn't be writing a socket unit for this
service.

Cheers,