[systemd-devel] help with systemd socket file for programs in the quagga suite

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Fri Sep 12 11:10:01 PDT 2014

On Friday 12 September 2014 18:28:30 Dave Reisner wrote:
> I'll stop you here. You can't simply "synthesize" a socket unit for any
> arbitrary program that uses a socket (regardless of the address family).
> Socket units are specific to socket-activated services (which requires
> code changes in the daemon itself) and per-connection spawning.
>
> Based on a perusal of the manpage and source, Zebra appears to be
> neither of these

thanks a lot

I too checked the man page  I found on the internet  and found them to be
different to doing
/usr/sbin/zebra --help

I  tend to err on the side of trusting the installed more   and so
 why does   this line :-
( -z, --socket       Set path of zebra socket )
results from
/usr/sbin/zebra  --help
( and indeed all the programs in the quagga suite ? )

Is it in error ?

thanks in advance