[systemd-devel] percentage values in journald.conf

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Fri Sep 19 02:31:45 PDT 2014

Hello everybody,

I am just trying to give journald some useful configuration on my system with
a dedicated log partition. The man page speaks about default values in
percent, so I tried:

SystemMaxUse=75%
SystemKeepFree=25%

However this is ignored. Are values in percent supposed to work?

Either we should make this work (I would prefer) or mention in man page more
clearly that values are expected in absolut values, not percentage.
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)