[systemd-devel] journal repair

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 03:00:02 PDT 2014

Is the plan to introduce an repair switch or is the plan to inform the
users how they should proceed if that is not the case since users are
getting confused when they encounter journal errors like these

Data object missing from hash at entry...
Data object references invalid entry at...
Invalid tail monotonic timestamp...
Invalid object contents at...
File corruption detected at...
etc.

And are wasting their time on the internet searching for means to fix
those errors.

I think we need to somehow provide the end user with the next step once
a corruption of anykind has been detected in the relevant journal file
even if it's just.

"FAIL: corruption detected, your logs are fucked delete the file."

JBG