[systemd-devel] Systemd-nspawn -- Canot add interface to container

James Lott james at lottspot.com
Wed Sep 24 20:24:08 PDT 2014

Hello again!

I'm having another issue with private networking in systemd-nspawn. This one
I'm not so certain is a bug, but probably some kind of mistake on my part.
Base on my reading of the systemd-nspawn man page though, I can't figure out
what the problem is. Basically, all I'm tring to do is remove an interface
from the host namespace and provide it to the container. Details are included
below (This is systemd 216-r3 in Arch Linux ARM).

[root at host01 ~]# systemd-nspawn --network-interface=wlan0 -M1 -bD
/home/lanvpn/
Spawning container 1 on /home/lanvpn.
Press ^] three times within 1s to kill container.
Failed to move interface wlan0 to namespace: File exists

Thanks in advance for any help!