[systemd-devel] Systemd-networkd -- Cannot acquire DHCP lease on bridge interface

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Thu Sep 25 15:23:47 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 08:14:55PM -0700, James Lott wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is no .network file for the bridge. Systemd-networkd is currently only in
> charge of setting up the interface. As you can see from the provided output in
> my original email, I am running the dhcpcd service directly from the command
> line (the output from each run of the dhcpcd service is included in that email
> as well).

I asked because you could try and see if networkd can acquire a lease by
itself, without dhcpcd (I don't expect it to). Also, could you run dhcpcd with
"-d -t 0" (debug output, no timeout) to see what it's doing?

I have seen a similar issue with networkd and bonding of interfaces. It turned
out that the way networkd works with links is racy, so in ~70% of boots dhcp
lease attempts failed both via networkd and dhcpcd. The only solution which I
found was to use netctl (should be availabel on ALARM) where you can explicitly
specify a precise order in which links should be managed.

Cheers,
--
Leonid Isaev
GPG fingerprints: DA92 034D B4A8 EC51 7EA6  20DF 9291 EE8A 043C B8C4