[systemd-devel] Why working this on reboot but not on start up

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Tue Sep 30 10:24:40 PDT 2014

Hello,

Am Dienstag, 30. September 2014, 20:38:10 schrieb Andrei Borzenkov:
> В Tue, 30 Sep 2014 13:24:13 +0200
>
> Günther J. Niederwimmer <gjn at gjn.priv.at> пишет:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a problem to run this correct, it is working on a reboot but not on
> > start up.
>
> What "does not work" means exactly?

Bette I say it works sometime but the most of the Time not

> > Can any help me for this Problem, Thanks.
>
> Without clear explanation what "working" and what "not working" is?
> Unlikely.

I have a 0/SUCCESS in the status but I have no Principal

> > I make a new service File for the kerberos initialisation
> >
> > this is my construct is any wrong in this files?
> >
> > /etc/tmpfiles.d/kinit.conf
> > d /run/user/0/krb5cc 1777 root root -
> >

> > /etc/systemd/system/kinit.service
> > [Unit]
> > Description=Kerberos initial kinit
> > Wants=SuSEfirewall2_setup.service
>
> Why Kerberos initialization *wants* firewall? I can understand After,
> but I have hard time to understand Wants here.

The kerberos Server is on a other System (KVM Client)

OK I delete the Wants ;)

and change After=network.target

> > After=SuSEfirewall2_setup.service
> >
> > [Service]
> > Type=simple
>
> Do you really mean it? I'd rather expect oneshot here.

I have a systemd  Error with oneshot

> > ExecStart=/usr/bin/kinit -k host/asmtp.gjn.prv
> > Restart=on-failure
> > RestartSec=30
> >
> > [Install]
> > WantedBy=multi-user.target
> >

> > /etc/systemd/system/kinit.timer
> > [Unit]
> > Description=Fist Initialisation of KRB5
> >
> > [Timer]
> > OnBootSec=3min
> >
> > [Install]
> > WantedBy=timers.target
>
> Why do you need to start it two times - once as normal service and
> second time as timer?

Normal, I like to start only with timer service.

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer