[systemd-devel] Why working this on reboot but not on start up

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 22:38:26 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Günther J. <gjn at gjn.priv.at> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Dienstag, 30. September 2014, 20:38:10 schrieb Andrei Borzenkov:
>> В Tue, 30 Sep 2014 13:24:13 +0200
>>
>> Günther J. Niederwimmer <gjn at gjn.priv.at> пишет:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have a problem to run this correct, it is working on a reboot but not on
>> > start up.
>>
>> What "does not work" means exactly?
>
> Bette I say it works sometime but the most of the Time not
>
>> > Can any help me for this Problem, Thanks.
>>
>> Without clear explanation what "working" and what "not working" is?
>> Unlikely.
>
> I have a 0/SUCCESS in the status but I have no Principal

I'm confused. You mean - you have no ticket for principal, or that TGT
replies that your principal does not exist?

>> > I make a new service File for the kerberos initialisation
>> >
>> > this is my construct is any wrong in this files?
>> >
>> > /etc/tmpfiles.d/kinit.conf
>> > d /run/user/0/krb5cc 1777 root root -
>> >

>> > /etc/systemd/system/kinit.service
>> > [Unit]
>> > Description=Kerberos initial kinit
>> > Wants=SuSEfirewall2_setup.service
>>
>> Why Kerberos initialization *wants* firewall? I can understand After,
>> but I have hard time to understand Wants here.
>
> The kerberos Server is on a other System (KVM Client)
>
> OK I delete the Wants ;)
>
> and change After=network.target
>

>> > After=SuSEfirewall2_setup.service
>> >
>> > [Service]
>> > Type=simple
>>
>> Do you really mean it? I'd rather expect oneshot here.
>
> I have a systemd  Error with oneshot

Well, in both cases it looks like kinit fails to obtain a ticket. So
this is the real problem you need to debug. systemd can assist here by
capturing output of kinit for further analysis, but that's probably
all. Try asking kerberos guys how to enable verbose debugging of
kinit.