[systemd-devel] Question about relationship between systemd v219 and kernel version.

Dimitri John Ledkov dimitri.j.ledkov at intel.com
Tue Apr 7 17:41:48 PDT 2015

On 6 April 2015 at 01:12, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 06.04.15 06:17, 임창근 (ck21.im at samsung.com) wrote:
>
>> Hello EveryOne.
>>
>> I wonder that If I use kernel v3.4 with systemd v219, systemd-run function is work or not.
>> Because My target have kernel v3.4 and systemd v216.
>
> Please check the README shipped in the tarball, it always lists the
> minimal kernel version systemd requires. For 219 the minimal kernel
> version is 3.7.

I was meant to ask a while back, would it be possible to have degraded
systemd for lower kernels? Quite a few current Android-like phones
will be stuck on 3.4 forever, e.g. those that are shipping SailfishOS
/ Ubuntu for Phones / etc. Thus support for 3.4 is desirable to be
maintained, because of the Android phones.

At the moment this essentially blocks converting all Ubuntu flavours to systemd.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.